Rachel Killam’s Coping tips
Rachel is a IBFF Figure Pro AND has a full-time job as the Sales Manager for Magnum Nutraceuticals. That’s a whole lot of discipline and structure on any day. But with the current Covid19 pandemic in full swing, Rachel has had to adjust her life as well. How has she adjusted? Read Rachel Killam's Coping tips below:
- Practice gratitude DAILY! Whenever I start to feel myself getting anxious or slipping into a bad headspace about the unforeseeable future, I take a moment to reflect on everything I am currently grateful for.
- Keep to a routine! Structure your days and slot in your active times as you would normally. This is especially important if you have been working from home or laid off. I've been fortunate enough to be working from Magnum HQ during the week, but having my old routine flipped on its head has definitely been hard, so this is important.
- Move your body. Gyms might be closed but you need to keep moving. Skipping workouts will have a negative impact on mental health during stressful times.
- Don't forget your anchors! Your anchors are things that help keep you grounded during stressful times - like the gym when available, or any other habits/activities you would normally enjoy to help relax, blow off steam etc.
- Be kind to yourself! Be gentle and don't beat yourself up about lost motivation or focus. We are all handling this in different ways, some better than others - but we're all faced with challenges. Cut yourself some slack!
- Take a social media break. I have had to do this a few times - information overload around COVID and all of the conspiracies can be heavy - and there is an abundance of reactive individuals. You also aren't a failure if you're not super productive, hustling, or learning a new skill during this pandemic!
- Treat your body well especially under prolonged times of stress - make sure you're fueling with nutritious foods to help keep inflammation down.
Thanks Rachel, for the great tips!