The following instructions are a general guideline to warm up your meals. Every method of warming up your food is different and every device (such as microwaves, ovens, skillets etc.) can have different (power) settings and have a higher output than others.
All food is fully cooked. If you use a microwave to heat up your meals and you overcook the meals or have your setting set too high, it can quickly deteriorate the quality of the food. Protein is especially sensitive to heating in the microwave and can become dry and chewy if overcooked.
- If your meal comes with a side that is in its own container, remove the container from the packaging BEFORE microwaving. If it is a sauce that needs to be warmed up too, please remove the contents from the container and add it to the meal BEFORE warming up. These containers are made of a much thinner plastic (and in most cases a plant-based plastic) which does not stand up to heat in the microwave as well and could melt.
- If there are no sealed sides inside the container, you can cut a slit in the film and leave it on while warming up the food. This will allow the steam inside the container to escape during the warming process.
- If you have removed the entire sealing film, please cover your meal with another cover before placing it in the microwave but making sure there is at least one opening for heat and steam to escape.
- For most microwaves you can set the timer for 2 minutes… however, when it is the first time you are trying a meal, please try warming up your food in 1-minute increments until the desired temperature is reached. It is always a good idea to change the position of the tray midway through heating because a microwave tends to heat certain sections of the dish and not others.
Other Heating Methods
- You can warm up your meal on a stove top on low heat, do not re-cook the food, simply warm it up.
- You can warm up your meal in an oven but please remove the food from the container. The thin plastic lining of the container may melt in high heat. Gently heat your meal